Fortnite download help please

Palmtree345

Hi, I’m new to all this, just bought a new to us ps5, made a ps account and he already plays Fortnite on his switch (I’ve added ps to Fortnite account) but there is no option to download Fortnite, only follow or wishlist it. Help please. Single mum, no idea what I’m doing, PlayStation helpline no help at all, and always closed!!

Is the account Adult or Child?
It seems the game can only be downloaded via the main account holder. Was there any account already set up?
Did you format the ps5 when you received it just to be sure nothing of the original user’s details remained?
Can other games be downloaded\bought?

It’s the same for both my account and sons. How do I format it please? It was returned to factory settings and has updated itself. Not tried any other games, as we don’t have any yet!

Possibly the same thing.
Step 1: Navigate to the Settings menu (gear icon).
Step 2: Select System.
Step 3: Select System software.
Step 4: Select Reset options.
Choose: Reset your console - this will remove everything so you’d have to sign in with your PS accounts.
Or:

First though:
Try downloading a free to play game or a trial game.
Ensure the PS5 is running the latest update.
Can you access the PlayStation Network?
Make sure it isn’t the PS4 version of Fortnite - if you click on the three dots … do any options appear?
If you have a mobile phone then you can download the PS app & purchase that way.

Back