Problem with PS4 Skyrim Latest version network connect problems

carbon_dragon

Ok, so I haven't played Skyrim for a while. In the past I did use mods. I logged on and discovered there was an anniversary version and purchased it. I *think* it downloaded but I don't know if it was installed (and don't know how to check). When I look at my purchases it's still there under the old name (not the new name but for all I know the name doesn't change). The old edition was the "Special Edition."

So NOW when I go into Skyrim and go to Creations, it lets me get there and loads in everything but when I try to download something, it says it doesn't have access to Sony's network (even though it has been accessing it). And now it doesn't seem to be able to do much and if I try to play the game it says I have no network access, even though I do. So I don't know if the new version downloaded, I don't know if it installed, and I don't know if my problems might relate to it being installed or not installed or if it's another problem. Can anyone suggest some way to figure this out? Do I need to uninstall and reinstall or something and if so, how is that done? Note that though I am (or was) a programmer, I never did much on PS4 except for installing the game and playing it. Thanks.

Just an update, no solution so far. It seems that this is a common bug, which seems to be Bethesda in origin which seems to happen a lot with the new Anniversary edition (though it existed in some form before). It seems to be related to Bethesda losing track of your account in Skyrim which means as soon as you download a new creation, all heck breaks loose. There appears to be no universal solution (sounds like my carplay problems with my 2024 Toyota) but there are some possible approaches which purport to solve the problem temporarily. The include a "hard reset" -- shutting down (not standby) and then pulling the cord out of the back and trying the power button to make sure there is no power left, leaving it out for a few minutes, and then plugging it back in. A second "fix" is to delete all saves for Skyrim except for the last which sometimes works. Another is to delete ALL the saves. Another is to install Fallout 4 (if it's not installed) because setting up the Bethesda.net account there can fix it in Skyrim too. Another is totally deinstalling Skyrim and then reinstalling it. I guess I will start trying to do some of those things.

Back