PS4 Can't transfer data from PS4 to PS5 using USB.

Wallace1297

Can anyone help ? I've just purchased a SanDisk 512gb usb stick with a view to copying PS4 data onto the stick and from there to my new PS5 slim. But pretty soon I ran into problems. I thought I had to format the disk as extended storage before transferring data but after I did just that the PS4 told me that it couldn't transfer the data as the disk was formatted as extended storage. So I re-formatted the disk as exFAT as instructed. I was then able to transfer the data to the USB stick. But when I tried to transfer the data to the PS5 and followed procedure I was met with a message which said 'Your saved data will appear here.' I sat there for half and hour and nothing changed. So, where is my saved data and why won't it appear on the PS5 so that I can then copy it to the new console ??

Hi there,

What did you do after you copied the saved data from PS4 to USB, what were your exact steps in copying the data, and what you did after?

Once we have this information, we can see the bigger picture and provide you better help :)

Back